2019 League Information
This section provides information specific to the rookie league division for the current year.
Results and Standings
Rookie League Roster – sign in to https://piba.siplay.com/Login to view your child’s team roster.
Team rosters for the entire may be emailed by league admins but will not be made publicly available on this Web site.
- The Rookie League games are normally played on Tuesdays and Thursday evenings. Game times can vary based on the number of teams in the league in a given year. Early games typically start at either 5:30 or 5:45pm. Late games on the schedule start at 6:45 or 7:00pm. Coaches may ask the players to arrive early for practice or warm ups but that is at the discretion of the coach.
- Games are typically played on Tuesday and Thursday nights each week starting about the 1st week in June and running to approximately July 15th.
- A league schedule which reflects games nights is typically created in early May.
- Detailed league schedules become available once registration is closed and league admins have created teams.
- Boys and girls in first and second grade during the school year that ends prior to the summer baseball season are eligible.
- Players must be enrolled at Pine Island schools for either the previous or upcoming school year or in home school situations must live within the Pine Island School district.
- Parents that wish to volunteer coach are encouraged to do so when registering their player.
Equipment and uniforms
- PIBA provides:
- A team t-shirt for each player
- PIBA provides:
- Must supply their own glove.
- Are strongly encouraged to bring their own personal batting helmet.
Are not required to wear baseball pants and cleats.