Welcome to the Pine Island Baseball Association (PIBA) web site! Check back here often for league news, schedules, helpful links to other baseball resources and more. We will also post league practice or game cancellations here, so be sure to bookmark our site!
Summer Baseball 2014 Registration is now open!!!! Registration for summer baseball 2014 is now open. For further details see the 2014 League Registration page. Online registration is encouraged for those with access to the internet and email as league and team communications is done via the sportssignup online registration system. For those that require or prefer a paper registration form, please see Mr. Pederson (room 207 2nd floor) or Mr. Anderson at the Pine Island School.
3/10/2014 - Registration opens
3/28/2014 - Traveling league registration deadline for 4th, 5th, and 6th grade traveling teams.
4/30/2014 - In-house league registration deadline for 1st through 6th grades. There will be a $20 late fee beyond this date. There is no late fee for T-Ball.
6/9/2014 - Tentative date for first night of In-house league play.
|Pine Island Youth Baseball Association Aluminum Can Drive Help support Pine Island Youth Baseball by saving your aluminum cans!!! Cans can be dropped off in the trailer parked on the north side of the Fire Hall building on main street. Thank you for your donations!
Legion Team advances to state tournament August 2nd in Bird Island!
Legion 3rd District Tournament Results July 27th and 28th
The Pine Island Legion baseball team defeated Norwood 4-2 on Sunday afternoon to win the 3rd District Tournament. Pine Island now advances to the State Tournament, with their opening game against Taconite, the District 8 winner, at noon on Friday, Aug. 2nd, at Bird Island. The Tourney runs from August 2nd through the 4th. Pine Island is District 3 in the state tournament bracket.
Legion 3rd District Tournament Results July 20th and 21st
- Game 1: Pine Island 4 Jordan 1. Jordan Pin pitched the distance to get the win.
- Game 2: Norwood 9 Pine Island 8 (8 innings). Pine Island rallied from a 7-1 deficit to tie the game in the seventh inning and then took the lead in the eigth. But Norwood came out on top by scoring in the bottom of the eighth on a walk off double.
- Game 3: (Championship Game) Pine Island 4 Norwood 2 Pine Island jumped out to a 3-0 lead in the first inning on base hits by Pin, Schmidt, Lohmeyer, and Warneke. Backed by some great Pine Island defense, Colton Sinning pitched five innings to get the win. Jordan Pin pitched the final two innings to get the save.
The Legion team tied for the League G regular season championship with Cannon Falls, with a 7-3 record. They entered the 3rd District Tournament as the #2 Seed from League G and traveled to Norwood to play Lester Prairie in their opening game on Saturday, July 20th, at 1:00 PM. Pine Island beat Lester Praire in the opening round 8-1. In the second game, Pine Island came back from a 5-1 deficit to beat Montgomery 6-5 in nine innings. In the third game, Pine Island bested Sibley East 3-1. Pine Island will now play in the second weekend of the 3rd District Tournament on July 27-28 in Cologne. Their opening game will be against Jordan. If they continue their roll, Pine Island would play in the Division II State Tournament on August 2nd through 4th. Good luck to the team!!!
Saturday July 20th results:
- Game 1: Pine Island 8 Lester Prairie 1. Jordan Pin pitched seven innings to get the win.
- Game 2: Pine Island 6 Montgomery 5 (9 innings). Pine Island was down 5-1 in the sixth inning and proceeded to score three runs in the 6th inning and one run in the 7th to tie the game. In the 9th inning, Ben Warneke led off with a triple and scored the winning run on an Adam Pleschourt RBI. Pleschcourt also scored the tieing run in the 7th inning.
- Game 3: Pine Island 3 Sibley East 1 In the 3rd inning Ben Bauer had a two out triple to score one run followed up by an RBI double by Luke Schmidt. Pine Island took a 3-0 lead into the top of the 7th but Sibley East loaded the bases with one out. Jared Lohmeyer made a great game saving diving catch on the warning track in left field to prevent the trying run from scroing. Pine Island gave up only one run in the inning to secure the 3-1 win. Jordan Pin picked up the win by throwing four shutout innings.
|2013 Pine Island Senior Babe Ruth Team Finishes 2nd in the July 22nd and 23rd Tournament in Pine Island!
The 2013 Senior Babe Ruth tournament kicked off in Pine Island on Monday July 22. Number 3 seed Pine Island started their day by defeating Zumbrota-Mazeppa in the opening round. Their 2nd round match up with PEM was a pitcher's dual that was tied 1-1 after regulation. In the seventh inning Pine Island scored 4 runs to win the game 5-1, Number 1 seed Cannon Falls advanced to the 2nd round by winning their opening round game.
In the championship game on Tuesday July 23rd, the #1 Cannon Falls Mudcats beat #3 Pine island to win first place in the tournament. Pine Island finshes in 2nd place and completes a very successful season with an over all record of 15-8. For full tournament results see tournament brackets. Congratulations Coach Anderson and the Senior Babe Ruth team on a very successful season!
|2013 Pine Island Junior Babe Ruth Team has a Successful day at the July 22nd Junior Babe Ruth Tournament in Stewartville
The Junior Babe Ruth team played in Stewartville on Monday July 22nd in the Junior Babe Ruth tournament. The team wrapped up season play by going 2-1 in the tournament. Congratulations to Coach Torkelson and the Junior Babe Ruth team on their 12-8-1 season record!
July 22nd Stewartville tournament results:
- Game 1: Pine Island 20 Zumbrota-Mazeppa 8
- Game 2: Cannon Falls 14 Pine Island 7
- Game 3: Pine Island 17 PEM 3
The clinic for six to nine year-olds was held at 9:00 AM with the clinic for ten to sixteen year-olds following at 10:30 AM. Although the clinic was moved to the high school gymnasium due to rain but the clinic was well attended and the Twins clinicians had a lot of great instruction and advice on how to become a better baseball player. For those that attended thank you for supporting the clinic!
|Interested in becoming involved in Pine Island Youth Baseball?
Our youth program is strong because of the many coaches that volunteer their time and talents to coach our young players. If you are interested in coaching either traveling or in house teams please contact one of the league coordinators. You can also volunteer to coach during the sign up process. If you are interested in becoming active in the Pine Island Baseball Association, you are encouraged to contact one of the board members. The board meets frequently to discuss our youth baseball program and we are always looking for additional voices to help make the game of baseball better for our Pine Island youth.