Welcome to the Pine Island Baseball Association (PIBA) web site! Check back here often for league news, schedules, helpful links to other baseball resources and more. We will also post league practice or game cancellations here, so be sure to bookmark our site!
||Always check here for the latest rainout updates
||All games are on as scheduled
|Little League Schedule
For those making summer plans, the following are the little league dates. Rain outs and subsequent make up dates can change this schedule but these are the planned league dates:
Once registration closes league coordinators will be forming teams in each division and publishing team schedules with match ups and times for each of the league dates.
- Majors, Minors, Rookies: June 13, 15, 20, 22, 27, 29, July 11, 13. Playoffs July 17, 18, and 20. There are no games scheduled the week of July 4th. Early games on league nights are at 5:45 and late games start at 7.
- Tee Ball: June 12, 14, 19, 21, 26, 28, July 10, 12. There are no games scheduled the week of July 4th. Tee ball will practice each league night from 6:30 to 7 with a game following from 7 to 8pm.
Traveling game dates vary widely by division. For those playing in a traveling league, check the Web site page for your traveling division or contact the league coordinator with any schedule questions.
|Register Now for 2017 Summer Baseball
Online registration for summer baseball 2017 is now open. Some notable changes for this year:
- PIBA will have a traveling third grade team in the Zumbro Valley Baseball League
- Players in grades seven and eight will now be playing in the Metro Baseball League. The Pine Island Baseball Association has been a strong participant and supporter of the area Junior and Senior Babe Ruth leagues for many years. An exciting new opportunity for players of this age is to play a traveling schedule in the Metro Baseball League.
- Players in grades nine and ten and some eleventh graders will now be playing Junior Legion rather than in a twilight league. For the summer of 2017 Junior Legion will be playing an independent schedule, some weekend tournaments, and possibly in the Junior Legion post season tournament. Junior Legion is popular in the twin cities metro area and in other parts of the state but is fairly new to SE Minnesota. Coach Pederson is part of a group of organizers that is working to establish a Junior Legion league in SE Minnesota.
- 3/15/2017 - Registration opens
- 4/9/2017 - Traveling league registration deadline. There will be a $20 late fee to register for 3rd-8th grade traveling leagues beyond this date.
- 5/14/2017 - In-house league registration deadline. There will be a $20 late fee to register for rookies, minors, and majors in-house leagues beyond this date.
- 6/12/2017 - In-house leagues and tee ball start
|Pine Island Youth Baseball Association Aluminum Can Drive Help support Pine Island Youth Baseball by saving your aluminum cans!!! Cans can be dropped off in the trailer parked on the north side of the Fire Hall building on main street. Thank you for your donations!
|Interested in becoming involved in Pine Island Youth Baseball?
Our youth program is strong because of the many coaches that volunteer their time and talents to coach our young players. If you are interested in coaching either traveling or in house teams please contact one of the league coordinators. You can also volunteer to coach during the sign up process. If you are interested in becoming active in the Pine Island Baseball Association, you are encouraged to contact one of the board members. The board meets frequently to discuss our youth baseball program and we are always looking for additional voices to help make the game of baseball better for our Pine Island youth.