Welcome to the Pine Island Baseball Association Web site
Registration for Summer Baseball 2022 is Open!
Registration is now open for Summer baseball through PIBA. During the off season SportsSignUp Play was acquired by SportsEngine. Thus PIBA has moved registration to SportsEngine. If you have not used SportsEngine for other sports you will be required to create a new account and add your baseball player(s) under “household.” The good news is the process is straightforward.
Please visit the following link to access the registration:
New sports engine website –> https://pine-island-baseball-association.sportngin.com/
Click on the “Register for 2022 Summer Baseball” box.
- Tee Ball – Open until May 30th.
- In-house little league – Open until April 26th; Late fees of $35 apply after that.
- Traveling – Open until March 27th; Late fees of $35 apply after that.
- Legion/Jr. Legion – Open until May 17th; Late fees of $35 apply after that.
Divisions by Grade
Eligibility is based on your child’s grade in the current school year.
- Tee Ball – PreK through Kindergarten. Players must be four years old by May 1st.
- Rookies – 1st and 2nd grade
- Minors – 3rd and 4th grade
- 9U Traveling – 3rd grade
- 10U Traveling – 4th grade
- 11U Traveling – 5th grade
For those that plan to volunteer coach the volunteer coach registration is now also available. Coaches are asked for consent to a background check and are required to complete player safety training. All volunteer coaches are required to complete this registration. There is no cost for this registration. All background check and safety training fees for all coaches are covered by PIBA.
Development league for those in 5th and 6th Grade
We have also introduced a new team this year for those in 5th and 6th grade. The league is a development league for those players that want to continue to play baseball, but don’t want to play on the tournament/traveling teams. The league will play games primarily in Rochester and Pine Island against local club teams and will focus more on player development, with less travel commitment and more appropriate competition for players who are still learning the basics of the game of baseball. This will be an 11U/12U combined team playing in the Southern Minny League. If there is not enough interest in this new team, the players signed up for the 11U/12U team would be re-assigned to the respective traveling tournament team and given the option to play on that team for the additional registration fee.
The reason behind offering this new option is to maximize the baseball experience for everyone. This is a fairly new league and we would like as many players out for baseball that have an interest. Even more importantly, we want the players in a position for success and enjoyment.
Important In-House Dates
- Player’s Clinic – June 1st
- Minors and Rookies Practice night – June 2nd
- First night of league play: June 7th
- Last night of league play: July 14th
- Rookies Playoffs start date: July 14th
- Rookies/Minors Playoffs & Championship: July 19th & July 21st
Teams and schedules will be created after registration is complete and the number of teams in each division is determined.
- All tee ball, rookie league, and minor league games are played on Tuesday and Thursday evenings on Pine Island school fields.
- Each Tee ball league night consists of a practice from 6:30-7:00pm followed by a game from 7:00-8:00pm.
- Rookie and Minor League early games start at 5:45 and late games start at 7pm. Each team will have a mix of early and late games on their schedule.
For questions, please contact Jason Krueger or Ted Bauer:
Pine Island Baseball Association
Help Support PIBA with an Aluminum Can Donation!
Help support Pine Island Youth Baseball by saving your aluminum cans!!! Cans can be dropped off in the trailer or wagon parked west of the creamery building at Trail Head Park.
Thank you for your donations!